When we are overwhelmed, our kids become overwhelmed… and vice versa.
So how can we help calm our nerves and find clarity when we are feeling overwhelmed?
• Start with a few sprays in the room of a calming hydrosol. Lavender and Chamomile are great options!
• Now take a few deep breaths focusing on relaxing your shoulders as you exhale.
• Look around and verify with yourself that you are in a grounded and safe space.
• Look around and note what your children are doing, that they are healthy and well, and are safe.
• Take a few minutes to deep breathe again, focusing on relaxing those shoulders. Stretch in a few directions to increase circulation to the muscles that were just overly tensed.
• Now make a NEW list for the day. A list that is more doable.
- Start with writing down what absolutely needs to get done right now.
- Next write down what needs to get done before the end of the day.
- Now make a separate list of the things you would also like to accomplish today. Maybe this is getting the dishes, laundry, or vacuuming done?
- Make some time frames that are doable, noting nap time or any of your child’s activities, for the things you absolutely have to do today.
* Always add an extra 30 minutes in case you get interrupted, or if it takes you longer than expected.
* Also be sure to add time with the kiddos that is just that - time with the kiddos… all of your focused attention before you start your next task.
- If you finish the task before the time frame is up, work on something on your list of things that you would “like” to accomplish.
Now brew a cup of organic herbal lemon balm, lavender, or chamomile tea and carry on with your day!
You’ve got this!
Relaxing & Well Wishes! Jamie
Did you need to hear this today? Show your appreciation with a coffee tip so Jamie can write more! :)
All information shared on this website is for educational purposes only. The content shared is not to replace a visit with your medical provider. The wellness information shared does not make any medical claims. Always check all precautions of all natural wellness products including essential oils, herbs, and carrier oils, before using. Always consult with your health care provider before starting to use a new natural wellness product or therapy. Always take extra precautions with babies, children, and those with certain medical conditions.
Copyright 2022, Jamie Michaels & Children's Wellness Tree, LLC