Fall is here and the leaves are falling fast. Will you be going down with them? No you will not, because your going to prevent allergens from taking you down with these must have tips!
Seasonal allergies can sneak up fast and be the cause for illness, missed work days, missed school days, and missed moments with the kids. In my world I try like all get out to avoid allergy symptoms for all us because allergy symptoms do make us miserable. We have been there and know that prevention is key!
Here are is a list of some of the things I do for our family or that can help you help your family prevent miserable allergy symptoms -
1. Ditch the carpets - Try to have smaller carpets that can be washed often especially during peak allergy times throughout the year. Carpets love to harbor allergens.
2. Grab a Hepa Air Purifier for your bedroom and or for the main rooms in your home - You would be surprised at all the dust and allergens they capture! Click Here to check out the brand we use (amazon affiliate link).
3. Use local honey - One of the most popular natural remedies for allergies is consuming local honey. The idea behind it is that honey produced by bees in your area contains small amounts of pollen and when exposed to small amounts of pollen, it can help you become less sensitive or build up a better tolerance for when exposed. Bee propolis is another healthful option! Learn more about bee propolis, benefits, and See Products HERE (amazon affiliate link). Caution with honey and bee propolis with children. Honey is not to be given to children one and under at all to prevent infant botulism. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions regarding when and if it is safe to use local honey or bee propolis products prior to use.
4. Use a Neti Pot to clean the sinuses - Nasal irrigation with a neti pot is a time-tested remedy for clearing allergens from the nasal passages. A saline solution is poured through one nostril and out the other, helping to flush out mucus and irritants. Cleaning the sinuses can help clear allergens and prevent sinus infections. There are also special sinus rinse tools for kids! Follow instructions per kit or allergist.
5. Do Steam Inhalation to clear sinuses - If you don't like the thought of using a neti pot, steam inhalation works very well to help clear the sinuses. For adults, you can add a drop of eucalyptus or mint essential oil (caution as it can be strong and burn the eyes so do not over use, start with one drop) and for a child or teen you can add a drop of lavender or tea tree. You must take caution with children not to burn themselves and to protect their eyes by keeping them closed. With that said, only use with older children and teens. What you will do is warm a bowl of water (steam distilled is best via microwave or stove top) until the water is steaming. Add your drop of essential oil to the bowl of water then sit down with your face over the bowl just close enough to breathe in the steam without feeling the warmth of the hot water or getting to close. Put a towel over your head to keep the steam enclosed and breathe for a few minutes or up to ten minutes. Then blow your nose blowing only one nostril at a time to clear allergens and sinuses.
6. Wash blankets, sheets, clothes, and pillows often - This will help keep the allergens out of your home.
7. Take warm epsom salt baths throughout the week and shower often when exposed to high levels of outdoor allergens. Be sure the kids are also washing their hair good.
8. Supplement with vitamin C rich foods or supplements to keep the immune system elevated (watermelon, cantelope, oranges, lemons, grapefruits, bell peppers, tomatoes, and strawberries are a few higher in vitamin C).
9. Eat a diet full of healthy fruits and veggies to really boost immunity, support gut health and elimination, and support hydration.
10. Hydrate starting first thing in the morning and be sure you are staying hydrated all day. This helps the body continuously remove toxins and keep lymph moving. Ask your health care provider if an electrolyte supplement is right for you or your kiddo to stay on top on electrolyte balance and hydration.
11. Keep your pets that go outdoors off of the furniture and out of your bedroom where you spend most of your time sleeping. Wash pet blankets and beds often.
12. Eat prebiotic rich foods (green bananas, almonds, flax, cabbage) or take a prebiotic or probiotic supplement, depending on what you might be lacking to maintain a healthy gut microbiome.
Get at your day with confidence that you have the tools to prevent symptoms from taking you down!
Be sure to check precautions of essential oils prior to use and with your health care provider. Only use kid safe essential oils for children. Reach out with any questions!
If you are ready to get consistent relief throughout the year, Click Here Now to book a one hour personal wellness session with me via zoom to get the education and resources you need so you and your family can feel healthy and well! ? Jamie
Was this helpful? If so, Sign Up Here for Weekly Wellness Tips that keep you full of ideas to stay on track!
Did you find the information helpful? Show your LOVE & appreciation with a coffee tip so Jamie can continue to deliver more! :)
Jamie Michaels, Natural Wellness Educator & Founder of Children's Wellness Tree
© Copyright 2022-2023, Children's Wellness Tree, LLC
Disclaimer: All information shared on this website and all social outlets is for educational and informational purposes only. The content shared is not to replace a visit with your medical provider. The wellness information shared does not make any medical claims. Always check all precautions of all natural wellness products including essential oils, herbs, and carrier oils, before using. Always consult with your health care provider before starting to use a new natural wellness product or therapy. Always take extra precautions with babies, children, and those with certain medical conditions. It is up to each individual to check precautions specific to their own health profile or their child's. It is also up to each individual to take responsibility to check for any future updates to those precautions or information on this website or social outlets. This is not medical advice.
Terms Policy: You may not copy and use any of the information and education created, written, or provided by Children's Wellness Tree, LLC under any circumstances. Payment and Refund Policies are sent for review and consent to agree prior to payment. See Terms & Conditions Policy for further policy information.